The well-known Greek halva that you find in country festivals.
What we need:
- 1 cup (not full) vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8 tbsp sugar
How to do it:
- In a large bowl, mix the 4 first ingredients and pass the mixture through a sieve so that there are no lumps.
- In a big pot, caramelise the 8 tbsp sugar. Ensure that the caramel is relatively dark.
- When the caramel is ready, add in the mixture and stir continuously until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Empty the mixture in a round pan (28cm diam.) and bake for 5-10 mins under the grill depending on how hard we want the crust to be.
We can make the caramel light coloured depending on taste.
- Colorful anthotyro truffles
- Cake with apricots and walnuts
- Revitalizing beverage
- Sauce with dried figs
- Salad with dried fruits and balsamic vinegar
- Cake with tahini and dried fruits
- Fluffy and quick koulouria from Thesaloniki
- Easy and delicious cake!
- Pork tenderloin with apples
- Chicken soup with trahana and avgolemono