|User rating: (Greek Vote)||203 votes|
The well-known Greek halva that you find in country festivals.
What we need:
- 1 cup (not full) vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8 tbsp sugar
Preparation: - (0 Votes)
Cooking: - (0 Votes)
How to do it:
- In a large bowl, mix the 4 first ingredients and pass the mixture through a sieve so that there are no lumps.
- In a big pot, caramelise the 8 tbsp sugar. Ensure that the caramel is relatively dark.
- When the caramel is ready, add in the mixture and stir continuously until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Empty the mixture in a round pan (28cm diam.) and bake for 5-10 mins under the grill depending on how hard we want the crust to be.
We can make the caramel light coloured depending on taste.
Review and Rate this Recipe
Your personal note
Send a link to this recipe to a friend